Volunteer Registration-USAV College Challenge - Hermosa Beach, CA
Date Saturday April 20-Sunday April 21, 2013
Event Location North of Hermosa Beach Pier - In front of the Beach House Hotel,
1300 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Parking is not provided.
Check-in Location USAV Beach tent
• Volunteers need to be ages 12 and up.
• All volunteers receive one t-shirt the entire weekend so if you are working multiple days, please make sure to wear your shirt the following day(s).
• It is preferred that volunteers wear tan shorts, beach sandals and a hat. Plan for the weather accordingly if its cold or going to rain.
• Volunteers should wear plenty of sunscreen. Don’t forget to bring it with you!
• If there is an unexpected change in weather conditions (rain, wind, etc.), it is required that you stay until your shift is over even if play is suspended. Play may resume at anytime.
• Please note that while the volunteer coordinator makes every effort to match you with your position preferences, volunteer positions are on a first come, first serve basis.
• Volunteers will have plenty of time to interact, get autographs and take pictures with the college athletes in between matches.
1. Ball Shagger: Work directly with the college athletes and Officials to chase down the balls and hand them to the players before each serve.
2. Score Keeper: Work directly with the Officials to update the electronic and flip score boards.
3. Stats Keeper: ADULT JOB. Needs to understand the beach game.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the USAV College Challenge. Your involvement is integral to the success of the tournament, and we are counting on you to be there!
In return for being allowed to participate as a volunteer at a USA Volleyball beach volleyball event (the “Event”), I release and agree not to sue USA Volleyball, and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, sub-contractors, sponsors, agents and affiliates from all present and future claims that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs, or assigns for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death arising as a result of my participation in the Event wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. I understand and agree that those listed above are not responsible for any injury or property damage arising out of the Event, even if caused by their ordinary negligence. I understand that participation in the Event involves certain risks, including, but not limited to, serious injury and death. I am voluntarily participating in the Event with knowledge of the danger involved and agree to accept all risks of participation. I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless those listed above for all claims arising out my participation in the Event and all related activities. I agree to let the parties use my name and likeness free of charge in any manner and for any purpose. I understand that this document is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state in which the Event is taking place and agree that if any portion of this Agreement is invalid, the remainder will continue in full legal force and effect.