Hermosa Beach - Volunteer Registration
Date Friday September 23, 2011 - Sunday, September 25, 2011
Event Location North side of the Hermosa Beach Pier
Check-in Location Volunteer tent
• Volunteers need to be ages 12 and up (8 and up must be supervised by a parent)
• Volunteers MUST commit to work a minimum of TWO SHIFTS for the weekend.
• All volunteers receive one t-shirt the entire weekend so if you are working multiple days, please make sure to wear your shirt the following day(s).
• It is preferred that volunteers wear tan shorts, beach sandals and a hat. Plan for the weather accordingly if its cold or going to rain.
• Volunteers should wear plenty of sunscreen. Don’t forget to bring it with you!
• Lunch and drinks will be provided.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather conditions (rain, wind, etc.), it is required that you stay until your shift is over even if play is suspended. Play may resume at anytime.
• Please note that while the volunteer coordinator makes every effort to match you with your position preferences, volunteer positions are on a first come, first serve basis.
• Volunteers will have plenty of time to interact, get autographs and take pictures with the pro athletes in between matches.
1. Ball Shagger: Work directly with the professional athletes and Officials to chase down the balls and hand them to the players before each serve.
2. Score Keeper: Work directly with the Officials to update the electronic and flip score boards.
3. Live Scorekeepers: ADULT JOB. Use walkie talkies to relay scores on on outer courts to our media center to keep scores online up to date.
4. Volunteer Supervisor: Oversees ball shaggers to ensure that each court is staffed with volunteers at all times. Makes sure shaggers are staying hydrated and using sun block.
5. Various Jobs: Babysitting, Runners, Info Booth, ticket takers, hospitality and ushers.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Volleyball Tour. Your involvement is integral to the success of the tournament, and we are counting on you to be there!
In return for being allowed to participate as a volunteer at a Jose Cuervo Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, Inc. beach volleyball event (the “Event”), I release and agree not to sue IMG and USA Volleyball, and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, sub-contractors, sponsors, agents and affiliates from all present and future claims that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs, or assigns for property damage, personal injury, or wrongful death arising as a result of my participation in the Event wherever, whenever, or however the same may occur. I understand and agree that those listed above are not responsible for any injury or property damage arising out of the Event, even if caused by their ordinary negligence. I understand that participation in the Event involves certain risks, including, but not limited to, serious injury and death. I am voluntarily participating in the Event with knowledge of the danger involved and agree to accept all risks of participation. I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless those listed above for all claims arising out my participation in the Event and all related activities. I agree to let the parties use my name and likeness free of charge in any manner and for any purpose. I understand that this document is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state in which the Event is taking place and agree that if any portion of this Agreement is invalid, the remainder will continue in full legal force and effect.